SRE Hindu Dharma Scripture Classes in NSW Public School
VHP Australia provides initial and ongoing training for our teachers which includes Scriptures, child protection and code of conduct
All of the Hindu Scripture Curriculum are reviewed completely and updated every 5 years. Once every 6 months minor updates are done as required after meeting and training with teachers. Full Curriculum reviewed and updated on 3/10/2018.
VHP Australia SRE Scope and Sequence
"SRE Teacher's manual", Please Click here to download the document.
"Syllabus for Kindergarten Hindu Dharma Scripture", Please Click here to download the document.
"Syllabus for 1-4 Hindu Dharma Scripture", Please Click here to download the document.
"Syllabus for 5-6 Hindu Dharma Scripture", Please Click here to download the document.
"Syllabus for High School Students final", Please Click here to download the document
VHP Australia SRE Teacher Authorisation Processes
"VHP AUSTRALIA INC SRE Teacher Authorisation Process.docx", Please Click here to download the document.
Verification of WWCC Clearance
In keeping with current child protection legislation, all SRE teachers are required to apply for a WWCC and obtain a clearance number. Approved providers must keep relevant WWCC documents for five years after the employment or engagement has been completed.
Child Protection Training
It is an approved provider’s responsibility to ensure that all SRE teachers have participated in an initial child protection induction and annual update. This is to ensure that SRE teachers are aware of their obligation to advise the principal or workplace manager of concerns about the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people that arise during the course of their work. SRE teachers are mandatory reporters of suspected risk of significant harm and of the procedures for doing so.
Awareness of Department of Education’s Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct clarifies the standards of behaviour that is expected of all SRE teachers in the performance of their duties. It gives guidance in areas where staff need to make personal and ethical decisions.
Completion of Basic Training
SRE approved providers ensure that all SRE teachers have access to basic training standards. The basic training includes context, knowledge of authorised curriculum, classroom management and the importance of continued professional learning.
Statement in Relation to Specific Crimes
Each approved provider has given an undertaking that any SRE teacher authorised to enter NSW Government schools has not had a criminal conviction for any crime against a minor, a conviction for violence, sexual assault or for providing prohibited drugs.
2021 SRE Hindu Dharma Scripture Teacher's Training
- Training held on 29 th Jan 2021.
2020 SRE Hindu Dharma Scripture Teacher's Training
- 29th February 2020 - The SRE Teachers’ Training and workshop sessions were organized for a full day at Quakers Hill Community Centre, Quakers Hill. The training was conducted by Swamini Pramananda, an internationally well-known instructor of Hindu Dharma Education and author of several Hindu Dharma books published under the name of Purnavidya. As a part of training and workshop, Swamini reviewed the SRE curriculum and syllabus and conducted the training and workshop sessions on selected topics from the curriculum. The chief guest of the day, Mr. Peter D’Ermilio (Principal, Metella Road Public School, Toongabbie) provided valuable tips on classroom management skills to all the teachers and answered to the queries raised by them.
2019 SRE Hindu Dharma Scripture Teacher's Training
- 19th May 2019 – The SRE Teachers’ Training was held at Quakers Hill Community Centre, Quakers Hill.
2018 SRE Hindu Dharma Scripture Teacher'sTraining
- 26th February 2018 - Hindu Dharam Scripture Teacher Training was held at River Bank Public School, Ponds Area. Nine teachers were trained and one teacher has been recruited for Kellyville Ridge Public School and John Palmer Public School.
- 5th March 2018 - Training was held at Quakers Hill East Public School. Three teachers were trained and are to start teaching soon.
- 9th March 2018 - Training was held at Hornsby. Teachers from Waitara, Warrawee, Hornsby South, Hornsby North, West Pennant Hills and Pennant Hills schools were trained by Mrs. Amita ji.
- 12th March 2018 - Training was held at Parramatta Public School. Twelve teachers attended the training session.
- 16th March 2018 - Training was held at North Sydney Demonstration School.
- 19th March 2018 - Training was held at North Baulkham Hills Public School. One teacher attended and has been recruited for Exelsior Public School.
- 20th March 2018 - Training was held at Iron Bark Rydge Public School, RouseHill. Four teachers were recruited for Iron Bark Rydge Public School and two teachers were recruited for Beecroft Public School.
- 9th May 2018 - Training at Blacktown Girls High School.
- 10th May 2018 - Training at Ashfield Public School.
- 12th & 13th May 2018 - Training and Workshool at Wentworthville.
- 18th September 2018 - Information session at Blacktown North Public School.